6th April

I inhaled a scent of nostalgia as I stood at the window taking the first sip of my hot ginger tea. A lazy smile flickered on my face with thought of the unfolding day. How often do we meet someone whom we really want to remember ten years down the line? Not quite often I would say and when we do, we don’t realize instantly that we have found one. Its human tendency to start judging people we meet. This tendency is in everyone, sometimes expressed, otherwise unexpressed and latent, but you can never say you didn’t judge everyone in your life at some point of time in life. In fact this itself is the key reason of your affinity towards them. We like them because of what they are, and we know what they really are because we have been witness to how they have responded to the tests life and sometimes we ourselves have put them through. And after this entire unapt scrutiny if someone has made it to your present, they certainly deserve your love and respect.

Today would be the day I would meet them all, revive all the times shared and attempt to re-live them one last time again.

12:30 pm

Sun had waged war again humans and the humidity only favored the sullen heat, adding to my misery. I dragged myself towards Borivali station, with only one priority, survival. But as I met a couple of old friends who were supposed to join, I again felt the excitement reviving. Soon we were on our way to Pune, and after, what seemed like an eon, I found myself sharing my food with my old room-mate.

We reached Pune and crashed into Aditya’s room which was half occupied with the foot wears of people who had already arrived for the convocation. I quickly made some space where I could fit, and started chasing everyone to leave towards back market for my favorite “Pooha and Double Chaai”. My three year old routine was repeating itself and I was filled with immense zeal. All I missed was the presence of two people, Gaurav and Praveen who later joined me the next day.

The evening was wonderful, taking walks in the plaza and clicking at random snaps. We played pool, after such a long time and I was even happier to realize that I was still adept at my frame winning tricks. J From here we moved for dinner and drinks. Let me not elaborate much on this part, but it was wonderful fun. The night was spent sleepless primarily because of the relentless chat sessions and also because of the dominant reign mosquitoes.

7th April

The morning began with a cup of tea and pooha and then a shower. Around 11 we moved to college and it was such a wonderful feeling to see all the old pals together. Vandana, Swati, Sheetal, Tithi, Vipin Praveen, and my dear dear moonlight. I was extremely elated to see her. We roamed the entire college campus in our graduation robes and clicked all the possible snaps in the craziest poses. The day slipped of so quickly and even before I could realize it was time to bid bye, most of my pals had already left.

They left, and left behind a bunch of wonderful vivid memories to cherish. I don’t know about everyone, people have varying sentimental values and sensitivity, but for me, Convocation 2010 was a celebration, a festival of friendship, of togetherness, of unity and of the spirit of youthfulness as a whole.



This entry was posted on 10:52 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    satavisha said...

    just superb!!!!!!!!! what a wonderful brief elaboration of your journey dear! I wish I could write as well as you........some people are god's gift........but I will also try.

    I felt as if I was present there throughout your journey, may be in your pocket like a little mouse!:)

  1. ... on April 14, 2010 at 10:59 PM